SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon the Sailnet Community when searching for help in working on my dad's Yanmar diesel engine. After having his Tartan 34C for 17 years and working on prepping it for a long offshore voyage and rarely sailing it, I decided to come help out. My dad's health and life issues over the past five years have caused the sailboat to suffer from a bit of neglect. It sat in dry storage for almost 2 years and has now been on the water for the past 3 but hasn't been sailed.

I am now trying to become a marine diesel mechanic overnight and am feeling slightly overwhelmed by how much there is to learn about sailboats and sailing. It's an interesting challenge. Despite having several books at my disposal, I realize that there is much that can be learned from other sailors. I look forward to learning from the SailNet Community over the next months, and hopefully eventually I will be able to share valuable experience with others. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.