SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Been lurking around and reading articles for a while on here and decided to join and feed all the wealth of knowledge from the sailors on this site. Currently Stationed in Bahrain but moving to Hawaii at the end of the year and making my purchase of a boat. Been in the Navy 16 years and spent 11 of that at sea. Already taking sailing lessons and preparing for more advanced classes while I am in Hawaii. Currently debating between a Pearson 422 Center Cockpit and a KP 44 Center cockpit. So any advice or 2 cents would be greatly appreciated and look forward to getting to know everyone.

·
Administrator
5,915 Posts
No advice on your boat selections but welcome to SailNet!

Reactions: navyitc

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,294 Posts
Welcome to the loony bin :)

General questions about one boat vs another tend to not be answered well, if at all. However, if you ask a question on a specific point of comparison, you will likely get a lot of feedback. ex: "I see that the KP 44 has a Perkins 4-152, and the Pearson has a Yanmar 4JH-TE. Which of these is a better from a reliability and maintenance standpoint engine for cruising in Hawaii?"

[EDIT]
I assume that you are familiar with: http://www.kp44.org/ and http://pearson422.blogspot.com/

·
19,489 Posts
.... A lot of people ignore the introductions forum.
We do not!! :p

To the OP, Welcome to Sailnet.. I think the KP44 has always been a well regarded design.. it's a lot of boat!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim took your advice and started a new thread under Liveaboard to get more advice on specific boats.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for the supporting advice and starting to get traction on advice on what to look for.

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,017 Posts
NICE! Congratulations on her. Now, I'm expecting a plane ticket and a few days of sailing as compensation for my suggestion of starting the new thread.

It only seems fair.

And Ron, don't even TRY to horn in on this deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts