SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My wife and I fell in love...and in love with sailing when we were dating back in 2010. We chartered a 40 foot boat and spent 14 amazing days in the BVI. Mind you we were passengers, but we knew we wanted to learn.

Cut to 2012 and that is where the real fun began. We signed up at the Boston Sailing Center and learned the ropes... or lines and sheets as they were.

We started on Solings in the inner harbor and worked up to Olsen 25s going out a bit. Our culmination was taking a 40-footer up to Gloucester last fall. Navigating the Anisquam canal was a trip.

Anyway, we love to sail and are looking for like-minded sailors in the Boston area. Oddly enough, we are one of the few couples who don't argue on the boat. LOL.

·
19,489 Posts
Welcome to Sailnet.. is a purchase on the horizon??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not now. Between buying a home and the child we want, not enough money left to buy a boat. BSC lets us sail and still have some extra $$. Maybe interested in a boat share. If nothing else we are available to crew for single sailors. My wife can haul a sheet like no other :) I'm pretty good with a map.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts