SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. If I managed to upload a profile picture properly, that is my Tahiti Ketch, 71 years old this year. I know it's not a particularly good photo. I'll try to get a better one up there soon. She's 3 years older than I am, and I am probably one of the few people who have sailed on the same boat for all but 2 of those years. My first year on her was in utero. THORA was built by my father, in Evanston, Illinois. She sailed on Lake Michigan from 1943 to 1949, then she was in New Jersey up until 2005, when I brought her to Connecticut.

Most of my sailing has been solo, in and around Long Island Sound and southern New England waters. Solo mainly because my wife has never been a true sailing enthusiast. I am thinking of finding one or more people who appreciate the spartan conditions of a Tahiti Ketch, who could join me on occasion, and to that end will be posting something in the crew finder forum soon. For now I just wanted to introduce myself.

·
Administrator
5,924 Posts
Oh well, to me it looks like the profile picture was NOT loaded properly. At least I don't see it.
If you want to see the picture next to your user name, you want to upload an "avatar" picture: User CP > Edit Avatar. Profile pictures only appear when someone clicks your user name to see your profile.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
That looks like one fun boat to sail. Even more parts and pieces to play with. Good luck finding crew. You might get lucky and find some compatible soul that wants to learn how to sail and your boat would certainly be a great learning vessel.
John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts