SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cool idea but how difficult can you make it to get 1 question answered.

I work in the IT field and understand social web communities and the tools. This is beyond description of what not to do with a forum.

#1) have to post 2 posts to put up links or pictures. Seems like that would just invite crap and non topic posts that drive readership away

#2) have non topic postings.. see #1

I could go on but you understand the frustration when I simply wanted some help for a sailing question that needs pictures because of my inability to better describe the situation.

So I have to create this thread of totally NON SAILING info.. come on now is this what you want to position yourself as a valued sailing resource... I think not.

·
Registered
539 Posts
There is an off-topic section that is a very small portion of the site. In that area you can easily get your post count up to 10 if you can think of 10 song names, etc. It's a fun area for posting with other members of the site about topics that aren't related to sailing, but you don't have to go there if you don't want to.

The forum also offers an incredible range of specific sub-forums for owners of different models and brands, racers, cruisers, etc.

I'm sure the restriction on posting pictures is to help ensure that users intend to actually be a part of the forum before using up bandwidth by uploading a bunch of images.

It shouldn't be that hard to get your post count to 10, at which point I'm sure you'll get some great advice on your sailing question. Many questions have also been answered in previous threads, some questions many times over, and you might get your question answered just by using the search function.

Sorry if this seems like a rant, but you've just stumbled onto an excellent source of sailing information and a great community of sailors, and used your first post to criticize it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts