SailNet Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just bought a 1972 P30, Super excited, it's our first boat!

The boat is completely taken apart as it has been overhauled for the past few years, and the PO ran out of time/money to put into it. But it's in great nick

I know we'll be having a crazy amount of questions for all you fine people as the boat has to be re-wired/plumbed and put together by April :)

Look forward to getting her out on the water!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Awesome choice. Had a P28 and loved it! Lots of good folks on this forum, so ask away!

·
Lou Ann
43 Posts
Greetings AlistairTerry and Congratulations,

Our family bought Hull #7, 1971 new and had for over 30 years ... wonderful boat ... see my other post about "HILDY".

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome Alistaire, I also just finished a 1972 (Hull #292) P30. Check out post from Midnight Mist. Best of luck! Lots of good advice here. Do you have an atomic 4? Made a few improvements on the engine last spring. If you need advice or suggestions just post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Midnight Mist,

I checked out your posts, will definitely been needing some of that help over the winter.

It has one of the original models of Atomic 4, so all mechanical, all frightening... haha , so it will be needing a lot as well.

Will definitely be reaching out to you as needed :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hi AlistairTerrt, can we get some before you start pictures?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some pictures and info of the work ahead can be found at our site:

wanderlustsailboat . blogspot . ca

wont let me post URL links yet... :(

·
Chastened
4,862 Posts
Looks like you're doing a great job.
You will absolutely love the way the boat sails, when you're done. It'll be well worth your sweat and time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, going through tons of boxes, of unmarked ziploc bags of stuff has been a real delight... I have come across the first of something broken.

No idea what it is, but the metal clips have broken right off.

Lets play a game called "What the hell is this stuff" :)

There will be plenty more for everyone to enjoy identifying!

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,286 Posts
Welcome to Sailnet!

You must be the couple that BLJ mentioned.

That appears to be a clamp / mount for the pedestal guard. It is probably for a table. There should be a stainless steel nut & bolt that tie the two halves together, and there is a mount that slips into the holes that run parallel to the large holes.

They look pretty damaged by UV. I'd toss them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup, Thats us! :) Thanks for the welcome

Our P30 doesn't have a wheel, So don't think they're the pedestal guards...

Yeah, they're completely broken, was going to toss them anyways, just want to make sure they're nothing too serious before I do so.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,286 Posts
That dude's blog is addictive...

Could also have been used to mount stuff to the pushpit... May even have been retrieved by the PO from another vessel (or the dumpster:)).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts