SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all my boating brothers and sisters. I have been lurking on this site for a while now and figured it's time to post. I have been a power boater for years and am thinking of selling my present boat and coming over to the dark side hahahah and purchasing a sail boat. Mainly thinking of a trailer sailor because of the high fees in Key West to keep a boat in the water but that's a bit smaller than I want to go. I'd like a boat in the mid 30's. There is also a lot of areas to moor in the area that are free but I am concerned about the safety of mooring a boat "anywhere."
So I am basically trying to get some advice from the learned members of this forum. So, what do you guys think? Suggestion? Advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wow, Nicco! How high is up? There are so many considerations for small, trailerables vs. larger moored/slipped boats. But this is the right place to learn it all and then decide what's right for you. As you know, every boat is a collection of compromises, and whether to go small, trailered or larger, in the water will ultimately be a compromise decision. The good news is that either way, you win.:thewave:

Welcome aboard.

Pat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts