SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this morning I wake up, look around.....

What do I see???

our "home" seems to be clean, and tidy, I open the windows and the wind is blowing and the sun is shining....all looks normal again...makes me feel happy.

(by this I was not refereing to the house or home I live in, it's another home)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I wonder what the final toll will be. There seems to be some who don't want to come back, some who can't, some who were forced back, etc. and some who will hold their nose but split time both places

·
Registered
136 Posts
...and some who will hold their nose but split time both places

That's me.
It's unfortunate that such sniveling has taken over on here. I visit to learn and give insight (which I have very little of) when I can. I'm astounded that Moderators (or former Mod's, as the case me be) that I had such respect for, have forced thier personal opinions to be the focus of our attention.
You can say "If you don't like it, don't read it". Not knowing what the content is until I read it, I don't have that option...
The option I do have is to visit other sites.

I hope the weather comes around so we can all get our sailing fix and get back to normal. :)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
wanna
"Not knowing what the content is until I read it, I don't have that option..."

That option was taken away by the owner, not the moderator you speak of. Which is why the moderator resigned as moderator.

Not much sailing space in Central Mich, where do you sail?

·
Baybilly
74 Posts
".....forced their personal opinions....." I think 'expressed' would be more like it. My first and only attempt at injecting some levity over there got flagged (I say with some pride), so screw 'em.

Yes Alex, it is a nice house. Thanks for the mental image.

I think time and sailing are excellent elixirs.

G.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Taking Meds, Sleep Walking and waking up in another house doesn't sound quite right to me... Going to have to chain your foot to the bed post at night from now on.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It's a very nice house.

The sun is shining in Seattle. it's supposed to be nice all week.

The Admiral and Hope are in Honduras on a mission trip. Mark and I will be taking a cruise to downtown Seattle and thereabouts for the rest of the week.

I like my avatar.

All is right with the world.

David

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
It is a nice day here in the Seattle area. Should talk spouse into heading to Kingston for lunch or early dinner and home!

David,
Did you figure out where the CYCE container is? and get Kyrie cleaned saturday?

Marty

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Marty:

Yep, She's looking better... I found the shed and got my burgees.

Be a nice day for a Kingston sail.

David

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
I think I'm in the holding your nose crowd. I'll keep an eye over there for a while to watch the fallout but I'm not posting anything constructive over there.

If they really piss me off I'll shoot admin a big F**K you and ask for my ban slip.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I knew about Fred's photos and joking threads, but I did not know you guys were using it as Avatar....

BUT I think it's very funny..carry on!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Man I gotta say... I've been part (and cause of) of some pretty serious e-drama on forums but your guys really know how to make a mess of things!

:D:D:D

·
midlife crisis member
975 Posts
Good to see good sailors are keeping things in perspective. Sailors sure can be miserable in the wintertime. :)

1 - 20 of 85 Posts