SailNet Community banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Old as Dirt!
3,482 Posts
Well, it's about 2-1/2 weeks or so since I put our vent back in service aboard the boat and it continues to operate, day and night, without difficulty. Evidently, the Ni-Mh battery is getting whatever it needs from our solar panel so we're good to go at this point. I shall report again at the earlier of June 2020 or a failure of the system tho' I'm hoping for June, eh?

Cheers!

Reactions: ottos and chef2sail

·
Old as Dirt!
3,482 Posts
Well, it's about 2-1/2 weeks or so since I put our vent back in service aboard the boat and it continues to operate, day and night, without difficulty. Evidently, the Ni-Mh battery is getting whatever it needs from our solar panel so we're good to go at this point. I shall report again at the earlier of June 2020 or a failure of the system tho' I'm hoping for June, eh?

Cheers!
Well--It has now been another 6 months and our Vent keeps going and going, now 4-1/2 years after my last re-repair, with only a battery replacement last December. The NiMH replacement battery seems to do fine with the solar panel I installed and the motor just hums away suctioning hot air out of our cabin. So, until next December! Stay well/healthy everyone!

/s/ svHyLyte!

Reactions: mbianka

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Well--It has now been another 6 months and our Vent keeps going and going, now 4-1/2 years after my last re-repair, with only a battery replacement last December. The NiMH replacement battery seems to do fine with the solar panel I installed and the motor just hums away suctioning hot air out of our cabin. So, until next December! Stay well/healthy everyone!

/s/ svHyLyte!
I've got a replacement motor that I planned to use to repair one of my solar fans. I keep losing track of it but, hopefully I'll find it in time to fix it for this season. :) Glad to hear yours is still going strong.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts