·
Owned by Velcro
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has come a long way since the beginnings

·
Tundra Down
1,290 Posts
One of the most useful pieces of gear on the boat. Right up there with the vhf and the binoculars. Mine is a mono scope. (Not the same one as the one in your picture but close! and I don't need a litter box.) It is water proof and floats. It is even bright yellow! It is about 10 years old. Still does what I need. Don't leave port without it. It turns night into day! Love it! It cost less than $200.00! I just looked at the ones available today. Yikes!

Down

·
Owned by Velcro
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 6 of then on board ....5 are the mark I as in the first picture and the other one needs batteries.

Reactions: LesleyS

·
Registered
765 Posts
Got three of the Mark I versions at home but they are hazardous to use with the scratchy extremities.

However, I am amazed at how well a good pair of 7X50 binocs work as night vision glasses and it isn't too surprising considering that the 50 mm lens is considerably larger than the human eye lens so gathers a lot more light. They do not require batteries.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've tried the early version, like first picture. Didn't like it 'cos each time I turn the focus ring the funny smell purge gas leaks from the back sight. I assume the purge gas is for water-proofing. ;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Military taught me to repair them. Infra red, least useful, cheap. starlights, how much money do you want to spend, first generation second or third, goggles, rifle sight or bigger crue served. A thousand dollars all the way up to oh xxxx.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I picked up a Bushnell Stealthview II at the boat show for 240 bucks, works like a champ. I've not yet figured out the 2 pin video out and how to patch it to my e7d 's video in, but I will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.