SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy…
I’m a little apprehensive about registering. I’ve been reading the blogs and I’ve got to say you guys and gals really know how to put on a soap opera. It can be a little overwhelming for a “newbie” who just wants to talk sailing and such. Oh well… I’m thick skinned and have actually found it amusing at times but mostly find it kind of high school and I’ve “been there done that”
I’m not a blogging ninja for an enemy camp. I’m a 50ish guy who was born and brought up on Cape Cod (cut my teeth on Beetle Cats), sailed for Tabor Academy, was a Boston Harbor Pilot Apprentice for over 5 years and have owned a few boats in my time.
I did the corporate thing. I did the marriage thing. Now I want to get back to what I’ve always loved.
Gunna buy me a sailboat and do sum sailin’. Thought this might be a good place to get back in the pool, belly up to the bar, set a spell and get to conversatin’ and advice ‘bout boots and such.

·
560 Posts
Welcome to SailNet, Duj. Don't let the theatrics scare you. It's just winter and we're all a little batty right now.

If you look at the number of people viewing the different SN forums, you'll see that the vast majority of traffic is actually about sailing. That's why we're all here.

So go ahead and belly on up. First one's on us. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... just happened upon it..was kind of like a carwreck but I've also been looking around the site at the more useful stuff

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Welcome to sailnet

You can totally ignore the Off topic threads. That's why they were created. To keep the 'stuff' from infecting the sail related info.

Enjoy your new found freedom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts