SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a reference to a book called "Pets Afloat". I have tried to order it from Amazon, but find it is not listed among their books. If someone can tell me where to order it, I would be pleased. If anyone has other books they would recommend regarding dogs on sailboats, I thank them in advance.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don''t have any information on the books you are looking for, but I do have experience sailing with 2 golden retrievers aboud my Crealock 37 from Anapolis to the Bahamas. If you are interested, I''d be happy to share some hard learned tips.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raindance,I would appreciate very much learning about your experiences with two dogs on board. We are about to buy a Tayana 37 and plan to cruise with our two standard poodles. We''re quite apprehensive about how this will work out.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear Raindance:
I would love to hear your thought about cruising with 2 dogs. We are sailing for Alaska the beginning of May. We have 2 dogs that we are planning to take along. Max is a doberman mix and Ruby is a Schipperke. I am interested in anything you might have to suggest to make this passage comfortable and workable for all involved. My email addres is [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you.
Vicky

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did see a dog PFD for sale at Campmor, but do not know the quality/effectiveness. Sue & Larry posted an article about pets afloat. I am also seeking more information about sailing with dogs. I am planning to live aboard a pocket cruiser with an American Staffordshire Terrier (like a pit bull). Looking for liveaboard and dog friendly marinas in New England. Any tips on dog safety and care afloat would be helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts