SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if anyone makes a non-inflatable life vest that also works as a harness? I.e., it had D-Rings to attach a tether.

·
Over Hill Sailing Club
3,688 Posts
I often wear a regular harness under a standard PFD. I find my standard PFD is just more comfortable than the inflatable with integral harness. I have a couple of inflatables and they feel uncomfortable after a while with too much pressure concentrated around the back of the neck.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Second on the harness and PFD. As for PFD, we like our Extrasport brand, but have seen good things said about Kokatat as well. Comfort is king, as you'll be more likely to wear the rig

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Brought the Baltic- 1+. very comfy. weight of tether spread out and fit adjustments very well thought out. As per EU lawyers ( they get the same mother state crap) say on it-may not provide adequate floatation if wearing "waterproof clothes". My thinking is main purpose is to stay on the boat and close cell foam means weight spread out, no chaffing and comfort so will use it when not extremely hot.
Thanks K - great tip

BTW bought the "Pilot". Have several Mustang inflatables. This one is for knocking around New England when coastal. May get a hybrid if I can save enough pennies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts