SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of or used an anti-skid paint called Durabak or Ultra Tuff? Both of these are industrial products marketed to cities and military. The web site says they are one part polyurethane acrylics that have a rubber crumb in the paint to act as a anti-skid. They are supposed to be UV and chemically resistant, sprayable, rollable or brushable and flexible also. This sounds like a good marine application. Any word?

·
sailor
87 Posts
I have used interlux brightside paint on my decks, while the first coat was still wet I drizzled a sand grit used in texturizing ceilings in homes onto the deck then after that dried applied a second coat over the top of the grit covered first coat. This is the third boat I have done this to and the non-skid still looks good and works well on the first boat I did.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I am a dealer for Ultra Tuff and it''s a great product. Unlike Durabak which is xylene based, UT is a water borne acrylic compolymer that forms a flexible waterproof membrane on your deck. It covers gelcoat cracks easily and is available in 18 standard colors with custom mix available. If you''re interested in more info, e-mail me

·
Registered
31 Posts
Please send me some info on this product. I want to do my non-skid decks and have been looking for a product like this that gives excellent results

1 - 9 of 9 Posts