SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Non Skid

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  hianderson 
#1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has refurbished (perhaps, repainted) the non skid (aka: TBS) on their Nordic 44 (or any boat for that matter) that has the TBS non skid product on their decks...it seems much easier to re paint than replacing it with Tread Master for example. I wonder though, about how the new paint would wear. Also, if anyone has any recommendations re: specific products...

Thanks,

Shaun.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Ahoy Eryka!

Thanks so much for your reply! Question though...what was on the deck you painted? In my case I have a product called TBS epoxied down to the deck. The best way to describe it, I suppose, would be that it is like a rubberized mat, precut to fit into the deck areas (ie: section by section) and I am trying to fiind a paint that is both compatible and will wear well. I believe the answer is a polyurethane paint mixed with some "grit" and of the correct colour...but I'm not sure.

Thanks again!!

SV Norumbega.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.