SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Greetings sirtang. I once read that boats sell by the pound. The Nor'sea is some where around 8100 pounds so that might explain why the price is high. Also the quality of the materials that go into the boat, bronze ports and fittings, interior finish, strength of rigging. If you are considering a Nor'sea there is a yahoo group you might want to check out and there are other videos besides Teresa and Ben on you tube. What drove me to a Nor'sea was trailer-ability, several have made circumnavigations, and they hold their value. And when the boat is not in use for an extended period of time she can sit at home where I can work on her. I'm not captive by the pirates of the marinas.

Reactions: seabeau

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
There's a Norsea 27 aft cockpit in the slip next to mine. Been watching it slowly decay for the last 4 years. The owner comes down about once a year, tightens the dock lines, and leaves. A foot of growth on the bottom, mould all over the running rigging, brightwork drying out and cracking. What a shame.
Well this just ruined my day. :crying The owner is not ready to give up the dream. The Nor'sea abuse police should be notified. ;)

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
David our Nor'sea is up for sale. She is an aft cabin, 1992, with a triple axle Pacific trailer and a Yanmar 2GM20F engine. She is in good to very good condition and well equipped.
She is located in East Tennessee.
I think you should consider a twin cylinder engine. Heard tell a single cylinder has vibration and might be under powered. I never had a problem powering in all sorts of conditions.
PM me for additional info.
Regards
Jerry

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Daniel @Rhapsody-NS27 would you mind PMing me. I don't have enough posts yet to PM you and I had a couple of questions about an aft cockpit Nor'Sea.
-david
I have an aft cabin Nor'sea. If you want, ask me and I will ty to answer your questions. Might be good to have opinions from different owners.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Thanks @Skipper Jer. They aren't really questions so much as thoughts on how he likes his aft cockpit. There are so few around and I know most people opted for the aft cabin version. BTW, is you boat still for sale and if so do you have a trailer?
Yes we have a triple axle trailer and no she is not for sale at this time. We put her up for sale to buy a bigger boat for extended family trips. But after several conversations and reflection came to the conclusion that when a larger boat was required it would be more economical to charter one rather own one full time. I'm in the process of adding additional equipment to make sailing a bit easier, dodger, roller furler, maybe lead the lines to the cockpit.

there is one in Kansas that may be still for sale. 15K.

Reactions: David Edward

·
Registered
2,324 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I think it depends on price, condition, equipment and location. There are a few for sale in Hawaii, a couple in California and one near me in Annapolis. Our is for sale also, 1992 aft cabin with triple axle trailer. She is in the water in the Solomons Maryland.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Sounds like you are selling almost the same boat. Do you have a listing for yours?
I've posted on facebook and mentioned it here and the mail list. Last time we had her for sale I posted in cragslist and sailboatlistings. Got a few lookers who did travel some distance. Had several phone calls. I think the problem is distance. Did get an email recently from someone (Pat I think) who lives in Washington state. He said he would fly across country to see the boat. Maybe he will get in touch with you. And there will be another on the market from Wisconsin (I think) soon. I did offer to sell the boat separate from the trailer. That got me a few bites on the trailer but first the boat must be sold before the trailer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.