SailNet Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Experienced cruiser looking for 1 or 2 crew to help me sail my Allmand 35 south. The trip will most likely be a combination of intercoastal and outside passages, depending on the weather.

Experience preferred but not strictly necessary. No drugs and drinking only in moderation. A love of sailing is mandatory.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Welcome to Sailnet. I'd highly recommend you read this POST to help you get the most out of sailnet. You'll also need a minimum of TEN posts before you can reply to any PMs.

I would also recommend you say what your beginning and destination ports are and what date you're looking to leave and how long you intend to take to get there.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm interested. I've got some time in early May.

I raced boats all over the Chesapeake for years. I took some time off to do the family thing, but now I've got the itch to do some longer trips. I've got a Catalina 42 near Annapolis - I do my own maintenance so I'm no novice there. I've taken classes on engines and electrical system and I get along well with electronics. I've got about 6 ocean trips under my belt - the last one was September 2008. I was the captain bringing a Bene 38 from Portland, ME to Annapolis. I can provide references.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cook and cleaning

I would like to be hired to clean and cook. I am a 47 year old wife and mother who cooks really well. I would like for it to be long-distance sailing or cruising. I have a life time of excellent references. I am trustworthy, responsible, and react wisely during crisis situations. I love nature and water.

Thanks,

Susie Hortman

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are still looking for help, I'd love to know the dates you are thinking. I am eager for sailing experience and was considering doing it in May as well. I am 30, single male, able bodied and coming from Wisconsin. Thanks for the consideration. I am willing to work hard for experience sake if their are boat needs as well.

Thanks,

T.J. Habel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Response to crew wanted.

I would be interested in learning more about the dates,length of trip, your sailing experience, etc. Kinda short notice since it is very close to early May already. I have 2 years of sailing experience, but always looking for more. I restored on older boat and have been sailing it successfully for about a year and a half now. I am very handy with tools and maintenance, etc. I am a fairly simple laid back kinda guy. 30 years old. Live in North Carolina. Let me know thanks. Hampton

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would definitely be interested in helping you out on your passage.

I am a 20 year old engineering student from Charlotte NC.

I've got several hundred miles of cruising experience and three ASA certifications.

Contact me at preston.finnie(at)gmail.com

·
Solo Sailoring ..... :o)
14 Posts
Openc;

I am interested in your adventure but I see you have many responses so please consider me as a last resort applicant ... LOL.

Specifically; I live and sail a Pearson Triton built in 1961 and with well over 40,000 miles under our keel in the last 7 years. All told I have probably well over 100,000 sailing miles in just over 40 years of actual sailing. Plus I am a retired US Navy Captain with 31 yrs in and out of submarines. So as you can see I don't think I need much more sailing experience but would like to do this simply for the love of sailing. I am ALWAYS up for a new sailing adventure --- ALWAYS ;o)

Adios;
Gregg

·
JLynn
14 Posts
Hm.... i'll clean the whole way back, and i'm looking to learn as much as I can about sailing! I'm actually in Florida, but ould be willing to find another sailboat up north to return me home.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jlynn: Thanks for the offer. But I'll be flying back. I'm just looking for some intercoastal and outside passage experience sailing from NC to Fla.

Take care.

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts