SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for truly cheap boat in FL. If the hull? is good I will liveaboard as I do the work. I am a website designer so I can live on board and work as I go along. Hopefully one day 9IN NEAR FUTURE i WILL MAKE IT TO THE KEYS. Cocoa Beach area now. If anyone has suggestions or boat that will work please let me know. [email protected] also what is the minimum for safety sake to make it to the Bahamas? Please don''t laugh I will make it one day soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try to find yourself an early Morgan 38, 40 or 41, late 60''s and NOT an IO. They have a heavy-laid, solid hull, beatiful lines and sail great! My ''69 41 k/cb made the trip from Beaufort Inlet, NC to Whale Cay Cut in the Abacos in 96 hrs. The long full keel balances well and even at 24,000 lbs. move very well in light air with a decent 155% genoa. The 38 & 41 are k/cb boats and the 40 is the same hull as the 41 with a foot lobbed off the aft overhang and the cb removed

·
Registered
160 Posts
26 seafarer sailboat 8 hp yanmam with trailer will trade for lazer sail boat or cape dory boat is in tip top shape $5000. call 440 946 7175 or 440 350 0815
Fairport harbor Ohio

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
I would go with something considerably smaller...like an Alberg 30, Contessa 32, or any of the other boats in John Vigor's book, 20 Small Boats to Take You Anywhere... It will be much more affordable than something in the 38-41 foot range mentioned above. Also, the docking/mooring fees will be considerably more affordable, as they are generally charged by length.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts