SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
Beneteau 393
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting juxtaposition this morning of Stad Amsterdam and the world's most expensive charter boat Flying Fox at $4 million per week.
Yes the helicopter ain't a small one.
136 meters/442 feet compared to 66.5m /218 feet.

Water Sky Boat Watercraft Mast

One of the things I love about this part of the Caribbean is you never know who, or what(!!) is going to drop the pick in your bay.

·
Old soul
5,630 Posts
Cool... Brought to mind this group of photos I took while coming down the St. Lawrence in 2017. There was a parade of tall ships to celebrate Canada's 150 anniversary, so I got a front-row seat to the show as they sailed by. Not nearly as impressive, or as good as yours Mark, but contrasts.

Attachments

·
Administrator
Beneteau 393
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They all look amazing. I like the second one down. It looks tiny. Might be parallax error but it looks far to small for the sea. Courageous men in those days.

·
Old soul
5,630 Posts
They all look amazing. I like the second one down. It looks tiny. Might be parallax error but it looks far to small for the sea. Courageous men in those days.
It's a deeply zoomed image, with the modern sloop in the foreground and the tall ship behind. It was a big sloop, and a small tall ship, but I think the huge apparent difference is an optical illusion.

·
1968 Columbia 50
Columbia 50
653 Posts
Water Sky Boat Watercraft Vehicle

Picture from 1975, Holland Michigan, the HMS Dolphin, owned by Hollis Baker, a furniture company owner. He had it custom built for himself, including working cannons which they fired on weekends. Sadly, I have no idea what became of her, and few pictures are available even on the web...but here's mine anyways.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts