- Reaction score
Having a hard time understanding your reasoning on this, can you elaborate a bit more? The product looks decent but the seams may be an issue for you moving forward. It looks like you just needed to cut short a few of the 'teak' and 'holy' strips length wise to stagger the pattern. It would have resulted in a more random seam line and limited flex of the material due to such a large seam length. You can apply the glue/mastic on the back of the boards if you needed to stop the project at any point. This is common for tile setters in tight spaces. Wondering if I'm not understanding your restrictions on the project.Good eyes no they don't. I intend to go over that decision on my install video. But basically I couldn't figure out how to do in in sections like I did if it were staggered. I would have had to do the floor in one session. But where you cant kneel on it when it is wet their was no room to do it that way. Spreading the glue was the problem as I would have had to bring some of it back up after I did a section or not put the glue down in a square patch.
I also justified in my mind lining the ends up as that is how they do it with real teak on al lot of smaller boats like mine.
Either way nice job and I'm sure it looks better than before.