SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since winter is getting to many of us with this snow and nothing to do but look at your boat in the yard. I had the idea to have a meet up with sailnet members to hangout and meet the people you have the oppurtunity to make fun of:D :D :D . I figured we'd meet in Huntington or somewhere on the north shore of Long Island. Craigtoo is going to be in Huntington Mon-Thurs the week of the 26th. Anyone that wants to come is invited and any reccomendations for where to go and a day that would be best are welcomed, the only thing is dinner would be best or late lunch since I have a pleasant little thing called school. This is all open and nothing is official yet.

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
I'm in. Dinner works best. I'll may be getting there by train. Here's the Long Island Rail Road schedule for those who need to come out from "the city".

LIRR Huntington Timetable

Regards

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
I'm buying the first round, in honor of all the help I've been getting from Sailnet. (That's soda for you MrW.)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Haha thanks we still gotta figure out where we wanna go theres tons of choices in Huntington. Ya it sounds like the beginning of the week is gonna be best because your the second person Ive heard of leaving at the end for Chicago. Bene you bringing lucas?

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Lucas may come. Not sure yet if he'll be free. I know Tuesday isn't good for him.

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
What about DavidPM. Can he come down from CT? Caleb? Richard?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what kind of food are we getting I didn't want to just choose a place and find out no one likes that kind of food or would have preferred another place, there are tons of choices in Huntington and all around it. We have a plain Diner w/ awesome food, thai, hibachi grill, mediterranean, italian, mexican, seafood. Anyone have a really good place they'd want to go?

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Wish I could be there with you Easties. You sound like a lot more fun than that Second City club.

Tilt a few for me, lads! And strap on a BFS for good measure!

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Smack,

Your always invited. And we'll think of you when the waves in the beer glasses get big and frothy. I'll pick you up at JFK, LAG or ISP airport just let me know your flight. Seriously, you ought to come here after our boats get put back into the water. We'll need to move our boat sometime in April or May. That should be fun and I'll have the spinnaker back by then.

MrW -- someplace where we can take out time and talk about many things sailing. That means just about anywhere. I can picture cutting into a nice juicy steak or chomping into a big burger. And downing some cold beers.

Regards

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Does legal seafood sound good? they have everything and can handle a nice group and is right off jericho turnpike so its easy to get to. hopefully this doesnt get too big wasn't planning on this many :D If thats too expensive we can pick w/e as long as everyone can fit if theres not too many we'll probably end up at the diner

·
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub
1,951 Posts
I'm working about 20 min away in Farmingdale.

Mon Tue Wed are on the table right now...!

Thanks Wuffler!

1 - 20 of 173 Posts