SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,546 Posts
Reaction score
I still think it's an experience everyone should have once. To dinghy in to Manhattan is surreal. Nevertheless, this is all true. Sort of how you learn to harden up survive in NYC (my old home town) :)
Lived on board at Chelsea Piers on Manhattan's west side for a couple of years. It was such a different experience out on the docks compared to the hustle and bustle on the streets. Expensive dockage but, convenient since I was working in midtown Manhattan at the time. One day instead of dragging my laundry several blocks inland to a laundromat. I threw it all in the dingy and headed across the Hudson River to the Port Imperial Marina (now defunct) which had an on site laundry. I used my Eldridge Tide and Pilot to choose the best time to ride the current up to the marina and then be able to ride the current back down. Had to chill at the bar for a bit, but, was a fun couple of hours on the water. Why? Because I could.:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.