SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved an additional bill when my boat was pulled out last season. They said when hauling out the centerboard was down and they had alot of trouble getting it up. I've never used the centerboard, the rope is still attached and goes into the boat, I was reluctant to remove the fitting because it was caulked and I didnt have any with me .How do I secure the board in the up position before launching ?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I recieved an additional bill when my boat was pulled out last season. They said when hauling out the centerboard was down and they had alot of trouble getting it up. I've never used the centerboard, the rope is still attached and goes into the boat, I was reluctant to remove the fitting because it was caulked and I didnt have any with me .How do I secure the board in the up position before launching ?
It sounds like the centerboard lift mechanism came loose. There have been many discussions on here about centerboard lift mechanisms needing the line replaced on boats of that era. If you've never used it, the rope has been holding the heavy weight of that centerboard for a few decades.

It will need to be repaired and reattached before the next time it's lifted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts