SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O''''Day272 ???

As I am just starting back into sailing I appreciate all the help that the BB has been so far. In my search for a starter boat, I have come across a 272 O''Day that seems to be in good shape. It''s a tiller configuration with an outboard and a furling genoa. Can anyone tell me about experiences with O''Day and if it would be a good place to start. The sailing I will be doing is on an inland lake.
Thanks for the assistance. Oh and Jeff, you absolutely ROCK! Your knowlwdge and expertise is surely appreciated! If I ever get to Annapolis I owe you a crab dinner.
Michael

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O''''Day272 ???

I searched the achives here but I think stuff has been lost. There was a dicussion on a Oday and the report was that a keel had come off. Perhaps someone can help this new buyer.

While I am not sure how and where you might use your sailboat I would not buy a boat I could not stand up in. Some 27''s have headroom. It''s a border line size.

Outboards are ok but not as good as inboards.

My suggestion is the 1970''s C&C 30 and Tartan 30 or the Pearson 30. These can be had for about $10K

1 - 2 of 2 Posts