SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
World Traveler
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a used 4 person life raft for a journey between canada and new zealand next month. I am in Canada and if raft needs to be tested/certified before used, I can not buy from outside canada. If already certified and ready for use, purchase from the u.s. may be possible.

Anything considered. Leaving late May 2013

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Life Raft and Survival Equipment in Newport, RI, sells new, used and rents rafts. They changed their website and I couldn't find the link to their used inventory. Give them a call. They are very straight forward on the used inventory. They will be honest about condition and use and I believe will not sell a used raft, unless they certified it. Sometimes its already been done and embedded in the price. In other cases, the raft is very inexpensive because they won't deliver it until you pay to have it recertified. I'm sure its a liability thing. I believe their inventory is strictly trade-in, I don't think they buy/sell used stuff.

LRSE - Life Raft and Survival Equipment - About LRSE

·
World Traveler
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I couldn't find any mention of used rafts on their website, but I have contacted them to inquire.

Anyone else know of retailers selling used rafts in the U.S.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts