SailNet Community banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Master Mariner
8,235 Posts
Re: Oh boy, oh boy oh boy.......

This is wrong on many levels

The U.S. has the currency in everyone's banks. Across the world, deals are don in U.S. dollars.

We spend far too much on defense.

Our rich get richer while a highly productive middle class pay the freight. And we have the worst health care coverage and the greatest poverty among the poor in the industrialized world.
And don't forget that we have the most incarcerated people and the highest percentage of our population incarcerated than any country on this planet. Numbers I'm sure we are all proud of, right?

Reactions: hasher

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

Just let out X % of them to fall into accepted % of other countries.
Prob fixed, right?
Just stop prosecuting?.change laws so its no jail time for doing X.
That bat just slipped out of his hands....he had no idea that the drug was addictive...she didnt know a knife was that sharp...etc

Its how people are raised. Thats your keystone.
And it begins...at the beginning, not sometime later

Symptom, or cause....dont be stupid...please

·
Registered
48 Posts

Just let out X % of them to fall into accepted % of other countries.
Prob fixed, right?
Just stop prosecuting?.change laws so its no jail time for doing X.
That bat just slipped out of his hands....he had no idea that the drug was addictive...she didnt know a knife was that sharp...etc

Its how people are raised. Thats your keystone.
And it begins...at the beginning, not sometime later

Symptom, or cause....dont be stupid...please
Poverty has results. People are trying to live on slave wages.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

Not to mention worst broadband of any developed country, much worse than most third world places now, and **much** more expensive.

All these things have the same interconnected causes.

"Those who make peaceful*revolution*impossible will make violent*revolution*inevitable."
— JFK

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

The U.S. has the currency in everyone's banks. Across the world, deals are don in U.S. dollars.
That is the only thing holding up our house of cards financial system.

And will soon be brought to an end we keep doing what we're doing.

Fun facts: there are now far more USD$100 notes in circulation than $1 notes.

Over 90% of them have trace cocaine residue

·
Registered
4,601 Posts

Came across th"Gini Index" Interesting sliding scale of how much wealth or lack thereof turns resigned despair into glimmer of hope to murder to get what's yours.

·
Registered
566 Posts

So, has anyone that seems to think that the US is a hell hole and only good for the rich, left or done anything about the problem other than bitching about it on an online SAILING site?????

·
Administrator
7,167 Posts

Not to mention worst broadband of any developed country, much worse than most third world places now, and **much** more expensive.
Cry
All these things have the same interconnected causes.

"Those who make peaceful*revolution*impossible will make violent*revolution*inevitable."
— JFK
Are you seriously blaming Trump and seriously advocating armed revolution to get better jntrtnet speed?

FFS!

·
Dakota Lee
97 Posts

I’ve spent a bit of time traveling the world and what I have determined is that if you are an a
American you are better off than 90+percent of the world’s population. I would go so far as to state that we don’t have poor people in America. We do have individuals with mental issues, drug addiction and children who are members of disfunctional families but generally Americans are very free with giving someone a helping hand...which may be why we have given so much to the rest of the world. I have not met an American that doesn’t fit in the groupings above that goes to bed hungry....minus a few students and Mt climbers.

Many sailors I know do not have anywhere near the income that would qualify them as “rich” in the US but the simple fact that we have a sailboat and the time to self actualize ourselfs by sailing make us richer than those with pockets full of gold. The same freedom that allows us to make our choices in life, does not always provide us with a perspective of assessing others who have made other choices. The rich are getting richer....who cares, I don’t, I am content with the decisions and paths I have taken. If one wants more pizza just throw another pie in the oven....don’t demand that the one being served be cut into smaller pieces for fairness. Life is not fair but it’s certainly easier if one is born an American or is a Sailor.

V/r

Pete

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

Came across th"Gini Index" Interesting sliding scale of how much wealth or lack thereof turns resigned despair into glimmer of hope to murder to get what's yours.
Gini is a useful broad-brush indicator, but a bit limited.

Bridgeport CT, is about the same as Thailand, and having spent many years in both, I think that's about right.

Big difference is that a few years ago Thailand needed to impose an authoritarian dictatorship led by the monarchy-allied military in reaction to the peasantry's rising expectations.

While the US underclass is not yet ready for armed insurrection just yet.

The northern European countries are much more likely to remain stable and closer to the true democracy we like to think we have.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

Are you seriously blaming Trump and seriously advocating armed revolution to get better jntrtnet speed?
Nothing I've spoken about here has anything to do with any individual or political party.

And as I clearly stated, I was just giving another example of the **effects** of allowing the ruling class oligarchy free reign to make huge sectors of our economy into anti-competitive oligopolies if not monopolies.

Obviously not as serious as children getting poor education and insufficient food, or our huge homelessness and health care problems, nor the waste of our nation's blood & treasure waging wars overseas whose only lasting effect is the creation of millions more enemies determined to attack us, in support of a lifestyle laying waste to our Mother's ability to sustain human life.

So no, cheap internet is not the goal.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts