SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
On the hard
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jody came out today to help on Oh Joy. Since the weather was windy and cool, we ended up prepping the motor for R&R some.

Ugly beast...

We or I should say he, worked on disconnect items from the front this time. Things like raw water hoses, fridge compressor and alternator.

Lot's more to go.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Thanks for the mention Charlie... I just needed an excuse to say, "I got my hands dirty!" As always, thanks for having me out to assist. Can't wait to see her all beautified - as you've put a lot of work into her. I'll see you next week with the stuff to fix the AC issue...

Thanks for posting the pics and updates :)

·
Señor Member
1,457 Posts
Charlie,

Just in case you didn't know (and I didn't) -- the Bowman heat exchanger on your 4.108 is not fitted with a sacrificial anode. There's very little info on that bit included in any of the engine manuals, and I finally contacted Bowman directly. They were kind enough to e-mail me a tech drawing of the HX, along with a stiff upper lip English response that "Bowman does not use sacrificial anodes." Shoot me a PM if you'd like a copy of the drawing.

Anyway, I've been following your posts -- which look VERY familiar, as I'm doing the same thing on our Vagabond 39.

Cheers,
Tom

·
On the hard
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More butt ugliness...

A little paint with your rust anyone?

Yuk!

I love the way the condensor is tied in with sash line..

I see a need for PB Blaster

Here too..

Cleanup on aisle three...

Ya gotta love the wiring scheme...

Somebody forgot to shrink wrap the shrink wrap connectors...

ah yes...., such fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts