SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! I am looking for information on the Ohlsen 38. (see Cruising World Jan 2001 page93) I have been searching for the "Perfect" boat for the last few years and I would like information from every one on this particular style. It seems from the research that I have been able to perform that this boat has a great blend of old world boat good looks and a fiberglass hull. If anyone has any experience with this boat or if you know where I might be able to find one for sail/sale. please let me know (I have been on Yacht World .com and looked at "Supertramp" but I think that I need one that I can work on, not one that some one has lovingly maintained) Thanks for your help.
-Keith

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Keith, you''ll find a lot of detail info about the Ohlson 38 in the book by Richard ''Jug'' Henderson chronicling his & his family''s Atlantic crossing. He''s sailed the boat for some years (tho'' perhaps no longer; don''t know) out of a river just north of Annapolis, MD (the Majothy). You might also find him worth contacting directly. Sorry, but my copy of the book & my memory of its title are long gone...

Jack

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can''t find the name of that book at the library, (that is what I get for living on an island) I still haven''t been able to find out much about these boats.

HELP!!!!

-Keith

·
Registered
9 Posts
I realize this is an older post, but if anyone is looking, it's Ohlson 38. There are two books by Richard "Jud" Henderson, East to the Azores and Choice Yacht Designs. I got them for a few dollars from Alibris and amazon.
Lou

1 - 4 of 4 Posts