SailNet Community banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Fuzzy
17,132 Posts
Scott - Still Raining.

Some time back I was discussing with Scott how to heat the Womboat in winter. It doesn't get really cold down here so in a 34'er a proper boat heater is simply overkill.

We had been using an oil lantern which did the job but I could not find one in Australia that was anything other than complete junk.

Not only does Scott go out and find one, he packs it up and mails it to me refusing to accept anything for it. A good man, and I consider him a true friend. Mind you, he may be simple minded. He offered to lend me his boat if we wanted to go for a cruise in the PNW. No sane person would do that !!

ps - Scott....now I want Jody's socket and spanner set.......:eek: , but seriously Jody, that is a mean looking set of tools. One thing about America that is beyond argument, you guys have the most amazing array of hardware.

pps - Charlie, good to see the progress you are making. Great pics. That dinghy on the deck of the boat next to Joy !! Wow. Nice one.

·
Super Fuzzy
17,132 Posts
Ah, Fuzzy wants MY toolset? I can get ya one from Costco for $100 USD plus shipping. Shipping of 25 kilos to Australia would be as much as the tools I suspect. Do an online search for Crescent Tools, the Mfg.. They may be available.
Thanks for that Charlie, I'll go see the website.

You are right about the shipping costs. Mind you they would still probably end up cheaper than anything comparable in Australia, though I did find a local tool merchant recently and must check out their range and pricing.

Sorry for giving your kit to Jody. The old putting of two and two together and ending up with five. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.