SailNet Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day Everyone,

I just purchased a Pearson Triton and plan on using that as my home and for cruising. For the short term though, I was wondering if anyone had any info on Marinas that were live aboard friendly and had decent facilities in the CT area. Thank You in advance!!!

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Good luck with that.... A pearson triton is a bit small for a liveaboard, but doable. However, finding a liveaboard friendly marina may be far more difficult. Generally, you probably should have a slip, especially a liveaboard slip, lined up at the time you purchase a boat or slightly before...since many popular areas have significant waiting lists for slips, and liveaboard slips are rarer still.

It would probably help if you narrowed down what area of Connecticut you were looking at.

I'd highly recommend you read the POST in my signature to help you get the most out of your time here. It has tips on searching sailnet, writing a good post, etc..

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I know of live aboard in the New Haven and Bridgeport areas and I think Mystic. Where in Connecticut are you looking? And how Long is a Triton?

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Denby-

Pearson triton is 28' 3" LOA 8' 3" beam. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am currently in Middletown. So I was looking either in the CT river or in the coastal towns like Old Saybrook, Mystic... etc

·
Detachable member
377 Posts
check with the brewers in westbrook (i think thats the right town, exit 65 of of rt 95) . i know the brewers in ri have liveaboards year round.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I agree with wchevron. Pilots Point North yard (Westbrook) used to have liveaboards. But it's been about 5 years since I kept a boat there. This "Clean Marina" thing here in CT has really killed the liveaboard concept.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Noank Village Boatyard has liveaboards (I am pretty sure).

There are also places in New London, but I can't remember their name.

In the far western part of the Sound, there are places in New Rochelle (Wright Island), City Island, and Norwalk (Cove Marina). These would be too far, but I am just trying to point out that places still offer it, despite the decrease in options.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I am currently in Middletown. So I was looking either in the CT river or in the coastal towns like Old Saybrook, Mystic... etc
Stay out of the river, ice flows can be a bad thing and there is already ice in the river. Kind of early this year, must be all that global warming.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good Day Everyone,

I just purchased a Pearson Triton and plan on using that as my home and for cruising. For the short term though, I was wondering if anyone had any info on Marinas that were live aboard friendly and had decent facilities in the CT area. Thank You in advance!!!

Congradulations Tritons are sweet boats. The only livaboard marina I know of is the Brewer$ one in westbrook. I'll be launching my Triton in the spring and plan to live off the hook while working a summer job on Block Island. Not a whole lot of livaboard dockedge in CT. Living off the hook in the summer is the way to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Zers

Congraduations on your new (to you) Triton. What is her hull number and name? There is a lot of info about the Tritons on the "Plastic Classic" forum.

Pete,
"Alli-Ann"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts