Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay first i did clear this with CD, he said as long as the poll does not effect his grill he is okay with it. depending on the results of the poll and or responses he may ask the higher ups because sailnet does sell new stuff and it could not interfere.

who here would like to see a used parts for sale section. i see lots of posts of "i am looking for used part b because mine broke" basicly it would not be to sell new parts. but more for things like "my auto helm head unit broke does anyone have an old one", OR "i just upgraded my link system to interface with my charger i have a used link 10 for sale". i would think most of us have old stuff sitting around that we could sell for cheap, or expensive depending what it is to make room or help the cruising kitty. i would also think it should have an auto delete feature to cut down on the clutter, say 2 or weeks unless bumped

·
Registered
103 Posts
Classifieds?

Unless I am lost in my own world again, I'm pretty sure there already is a classifieds section. My screen shows a "quick menu" on all sailnet pages in the upper left hand corner with a classifieds section there. It doesn't seem to be visited often for as many users as there are here. I've browsed through it numerous times and it's very rare that there's any current activity.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
treck that is the idea its hard to search using the wonderful sailnet search, most things on there are years old. also because its not attached to main forum i dont think most know its there. this would be a smaller more recent thing

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
It sounds like a good Idea... But only by trying it out, we will know whether it will really fly or not. Wait! Isn't that what the Wight brothers said??
:cool:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Great idea. I have tossed out some bits and pieces that others may have found useful. Would have been freebies. The admiral gets a little cranky when stuff piles up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Another Yes vote

yes yes yes

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Why not just use the existing classified ads section???

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just noticed them! :) As I looked through looking at the winch selection, it seems like most of the ads are very old. There should be a way to purge any ad that is more than XXX days old to remove some of the cruft. I am sure the database wouldn't mind a good cleaning either. That and the system should be set to display "Most Recent" first as opposed to "Most Viewed".

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I've looked there too. Oddly, it shows ads by "most viewed" first, meaning oldest at the top. You can reorient it to show most recent. Maybe I can sell my a/c on it.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the old could be used but it is full of old posts, and not easily seen, because its not attached to the main forum.

either clean up and rework the old or a new one even as a subforum of the boats for sail would work

·
Registered
515 Posts
well the old could be used but it is full of old posts, and not easily seen, because its not attached to the main forum.

either clean up and rework the old or a new one even as a subforum of the boats for sail would work
Agree I don't think you need a new section,
The old classified section works, I just quit looking there because of all the ancient postings.
Get rid of the ads that are several years old so the site looks active.

I know if I'm looking to place an ad, and see tons of ads that are 3 or 4 years old, I start wondering about the usefullness of the site. (quick peek shows several ads from 2004)

It is easily reached from the forums (right up under 'resources')

Ken.

·
Super Moderator
6,762 Posts
Why not just use the existing classified ads section???
Because we are all used to the forum format!! You can hot link to photos of your gear and folks can simply PM you if interested. When it sells simply edit the post to say SOLD....

I have voiced my opinions to Phil the owner of SBO about this but he spent big bucks on a classified software so he's not switching.

I would much prefer a "Gear For Sail/Sale" forum !!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Poll

Well, missed my chance at the poll, but agree that a sub-forum might be a little more useful than the classifieds section as it stands.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts