SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,170 Posts
Reaction score
Very big, very complicated boat. I remember another old timer recently trying to do the same thing, in another big and complicated boat, only to turn around and go back due to various failures and injuries. But I wish him all the best!
If I had his money I would go on a simple, well made boat, like a Morris 36 Justine. Simplicity and conservative design just can't be beat.

· Registered
4,170 Posts
Reaction score
Oh yes, it IS the same old dude...
He has grit, I give him that, but he does not seem to be learning from his lessons. He has another grossly over-contraptionalized boat that is definitely going to be a handful for him to handle in a blow. And again, no shake-down sea trial for his boat.

· Registered
4,170 Posts
Reaction score
If a man had the funds, and the health (very important), how about being the first man to circumnavigate the planet non-stop, with a all female crew made up of 10 hot women? Looks like a record to me, and one any man could be proud of.
Eventually it will be a fight for the title of the oldest man to circumnavigate the planet non-stop, with a all female crew made up of 10 hot women... and live. In that race a very fast boat might actually come in handy for a number of important reasons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.