SailNet Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Farewell! On 9/9/09, at 9:00 AM, coffee and doughnuts at my office; at 9:00 PM that day, pizza and beer at our marina clubhouse. Then, unless there's a hurricane, we're off! A month cruising the Chesapeake and getting the kinks out of our systems, then back to Annapolis for boat show (of course) then ... head south, winter in the Bahamas. After that, who knows? The cruising kitty is really fat & happy so I doubt we'll have to work for money again.

9/9/09 is exactly 100 days from today. For so long, it's been "can't get here soon enough." Suddenly its become "Yikes! How can it be so soon? I've got so much to do!"

Thanx to all of you for the help, support, and insight over the years. I hope to pop in here from time to time when our internet connections allow. I've gotten so much from this site, finally will have more chance to pay it back. We'll be blogging somewhere, I'll let you know.

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,037 Posts
Best wishes!

·
Not just a member
111 Posts
yeah

congrats

·
Registered
995 Posts
Farewell! On 9/9/09, at 9:00 AM, coffee and doughnuts at my office; at 9:00 PM that day, pizza and beer at our marina clubhouse. Then, unless there's a hurricane, we're off! A month cruising the Chesapeake and getting the kinks out of our systems, then back to Annapolis for boat show (of course) then ... head south, winter in the Bahamas. After that, who knows? The cruising kitty is really fat & happy so I doubt we'll have to work for money again.

9/9/09 is exactly 100 days from today. For so long, it's been "can't get here soon enough." Suddenly its become "Yikes! How can it be so soon? I've got so much to do!"

Thanx to all of you for the help, support, and insight over the years. I hope to pop in here from time to time when our internet connections allow. I've gotten so much from this site, finally will have more chance to pay it back. We'll be blogging somewhere, I'll let you know.
That's GREAT news Eryka!!!! I really hope you do stick around and pop in occasionally. You would be a awesome resource.

Brian

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,902 Posts
Awesome! We'll have to get together to send YOU off this time :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Good speed!
Erika
I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Congratulations Erika! :)

I do not know you except from your very pragmatic posts on herSailnet which I admit, yes, I go and read herSailnet sometimes too, I think we all do! I have enjoyed reading your posts but somehow I missed the fact that you were about to leave on an extended cruise, I think I believed you were already out there.

I hope you and yours have a great time, you earned it! I think many of us here know that it wasn't easy to get to this point, it takes a lot of preparation and planning, and WORK, to go cruising. I am sure you are filled with emotion since your departure time is so close, I know that I am a bit anxious about leaving and I am not nearly as close to leaving as you are, just trying to imagine pushing away from the dock and being GONE is a pretty big concept.

I look forward to reading your blog and hope you give us some practical advice as you get some water under the keel, especially about day to day life on board, I don't think there is enough written about that. I will have to live vicariously through your posts and blog entries for now.

Have fun!! YOU EARNED IT! :)

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Eryka—

The 100 days will pass before you know it... :) Fairwinds to you and Dan. :) Keep us posted...

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx all for your good wishes! Hoping to see those of you in the Annapolis area for the party on 9/9/09; or for what's becoming the "annual" SailNet meetup on the Friday night of the boat show.

And WindMagic, I'll take that as a compliment; we've been out there a while, but this'll be the first time I don't have to be back in the office on Monday;)

·
Unpaid Intern
992 Posts
Thanx all for your good wishes! Hoping to see those of you in the Annapolis area for the party on 9/9/09; or for what's becoming the "annual" SailNet meetup on the Friday night of the boat show.

And WindMagic, I'll take that as a compliment; we've been out there a while, but this'll be the first time I don't have to be back in the office on Monday;)
We'll be there, Eryka! We're so excited for you. 9/09/09 will be here before you know it!

·
Crazy Woman Boat Driver
840 Posts
WOW, 100 days and counting.. Sounds so wonderful! I cannot wait to read your blog on this great adventure. I will see you at the boat show for sure again. Don't be surprise if I show up with my sail bag in hand, stowaway on the boat.
You must continue to post here, especially on Hersailnet to share your experiences and lessons learned from a woman's point of view. We have all learned so much already from prior post. Fair winds, beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts