SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brand new to sailing, and we are looking to jump right in. We want a Tayana 37 or 42.

Later folks.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
That's it?

Thanks for sharing!

BTW, welcome to sailnet. Just in case you need it, there are lots of very knowledgable and helpful folks around here.

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What else should I post? My wife and I are retiring in 5-6yrs, we have a son in private school now, and once those costs are gone then the money goes into the boat.

We are both in our late 40's, love the outdoors and being involved in sports. We are athletic, like to travel and explore.

Now we are sick of working, looking to get the RRIF's started and her pension rolling in. All we need is a nice blue water boat, and some beer.

Can't wait to point the boat south.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well, that's a lot of money coming free. I know as I went to St. Andrew's in Aurora (in boarding) and that was over 20 years ago. Big coin.

That's a lot of boat as a first boat.

·
Registered
660 Posts
What Price/age range are you considering? Are you thinking of staying in the Lakes, or heading for salt? We have a 42 center cockpit. We seem to be slightly farther into a similar plan. I am re-fitting her full time, and we hope to launch in the spring (april/may). hopefully 2009! hahaha. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts