SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi TD, I own a Roberts Classic 45 and I am happy with the design, which is pretty close to the Roberts 44. However I have never heard of a Roberts 44 (I assume it is an Offshore 44?) with an 8ft draft. Most of the Roberts around this length either have a shoal draft of 5 ft or a deep draft of 6ft 8ft is very deep and I imagine it will restrict your cruising locations. It also suggests that someone has altered the standard design of the boat.

I would also recommend you get a good surveyor; being mostly built by amateurs build quality on Roberts can range from very good to bloody awful. They can also advise on any design issues with the 8ft draft.

Good luck, Ilenart

·
Registered
547 Posts
Boat sales are moving very slowly in lots of places around the world. I sold my Roberts 45 about a year ago and the new yacht I purchased was on the market at least 2 years. Unless sellers are prepared to drop their prices and meet the market the yachts can easily sit unsold for years.

Ilenart

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.