SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... after two years and dozens of boats my boyfriend and I have finally found what we think is "the one". We are both first time boat owners- he is a captain with plenty of catamaran sailing/maintenance experience and I... spend a lot of time researching (reading books, forums, etc.) and sailing with friends. "The" boat is a 44' Bruce Roberts (1989), displaces 29,000 lbs and has a 8'3 draft. In all of my searches I have never seen such a deep draft! Do you think we'll have problems in harbors/anchorages around the South Pacific? We plan on cruising in 3-5 years. What do you think about these Bruce Roberts designs? It was built by Gary Alward- has anyone heard of this guy? We're looking at it tomorrow- what should I look for to determine that this boat is a good build? Please advise!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. Sure enough, we went to see it today and were told that it was an estimate... between 6-8 feet. Looks like we'll have to measure it once it's out of the water. Thankfully, we really have no desire to sail around FL (I moved out of the MidWest to get away from Florida vacations!) but that's still good info to know. It's nice having a support group!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.