SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2002 Catalina 270
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are headed from Oriental to Beaufort on Friday morning... staying at the Beaufort town docks on the waterfront. Stop by and say hello if you get the chance! Saturday we plan on heading to Cape Lookout and hoping there is a spot to anchor out there... i expect it will be busy. We may just stay in Beaufort the whole time depending on weather.

We've been out to Cape Lookout before but never into Beaufort via Gallant Channel & Russell Slough. I know that area can be tricky but we only draw 3'4" so that helps. We are aware of the Beaufort Bridge and it's time tables... every half hour i believe... call on VHF 13.

Any suggestions or advice for navigating that area? What about Beaufort channel on the way out from the dock? Should we worry about timing with the tide and currents?

Any input is welcome... i'm a little behind on doing my research for this trip. :eek: :) Thanks!

·
2002 Catalina 270
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the toast Jacky... hopefully we can catch up later this summer. I'm still thinking about a good time to do a SN/AS meet up... there are a few boats around and it would be fun to get a few of us out on the river. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts