SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is our Oscar still out there?

Knothead, is 'our' Oscar still out there, do you know where she is?
Okay, 5, I hope I can recover my long personal message and send it, lol
Not to intrude, out of curiosity I was googling oscar tybring and followed a link here. I was a live aboard from my adolecent through teen years. Been landlocked far too long. I sailed on the Oscar Tybring many times, it was an awesome experience. She belonged to friends. The last I saw of her was 1983 or 1984 In Ventura Harbor. The last I know, She was sailed to Shrilanka (if my memory serves). Dont know where she went from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I may have been mistaken in regards to back in service... just says refurbished and refitted. wonder if they replaced the bowsprit? from what i recall from what i had been told it was about 20ft shorter after colliding with an offshore oil platform in a storm. Id love to see some after pics. She was truly a beautiful vessel!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply.. Spent half my childhood living aboard between Oxnard and Ventura Harbors. 1976 - 1985, a life i truly miss. At the time she belonged to the Hesters which were friends of ours. I would often sail with them when I could. Many fond memories. Though sailing of anykind is a pleasure. Newer technology (Fiberglass, etc) and simpler sail configurations are awesome and allow for much smaller "crew" but the experience of sailing on a vessel such as the oscar was a pure joy. Id love to see some pics of the oscar. been landlocked in colorado far to long. computers and technology have become my life and hobby.. I dreadfully need a new hobby.. have been considering for some time building a boat, though would be quite a bit smaller.. the image always comes back to the oscar. wouldnt by chance have any pics of her in dry dock? [email protected]

1 - 5 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.