SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I'd rather be sailing
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our one month old AB 10VS found an oyster bed today when dragging it onto shore. The admiral ended up putting a 1.5" gash in the bow tube :(. We patched it up and hopefully it will hold - we'll find out in 72 hours. I'm sure she'll be a bit more careful when yanking it onto shore in the future. There's nothing like getting a call on the radio - "Ummmm... Pelican... we just put a hole in the new dinghy." The place we bought it from gave us a repair kit with white hypalon and we have a gray dink, so it's pretty obvious where it's patched.

Oh well... c'est la vie and I'm sure it will be the first of many.
 

·
I'd rather be sailing
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We used a patch kit with a two part cement and it takes 72 hours before it's cured. We'll see Wednesday morning how it worked. The Porta-Boat just wouldn't work for us - we weigh (all four) about 670lbs. We'd only be able to fit the 10 foot model on deck and the max weight for that model is 585lbs. The next model up has a max weight of 670lbs. Right now we're sitting in the Ashley River in Charleston on the hook and the current is running by at 3+ kts. I'd hate to be fully loaded with a small engine trying to navigate to our boat!

(added 6 hours later)

Yeah... we just bought 2 sheets of 6' x 7' foam and 30 yards of fabric to make new cushions. We had to ferry them over to the boat in a few trips. Wish we had our bigger dinghy, but I'm glad we kept our old inflatable bottom and 6HP engine or we'd be completely dinghy-less!
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top