SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Broad Reachin'
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We closed two deals over this past weekend...the sale of our Helms 25 and the purchase of our new (to us) Irwin 28 MkIV. We're estatic to have standing headroom, a furling headsail, an inboard engine, a plumbed head, a useable galley and more room throughout. It's going to be a great summer of cruising here on the Great Lakes!

Here's a few pictures of our new girl:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Congratulations!
Can't wait to see her cruising the waters of Lake Michigan.

·
Belliure 41'
136 Posts
I had an Irwin 30 and I loved her. Congratulations, go enjoy that bottle of Mount Gay Extra Old!

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Kwalt,

FANTASTIC!!:)

Congrats to you and the family. I remember when we moved up from our Dana 24 to our current boat -- it felt like a mansion! Enjoy the feeling while it lasts;) , and here's hoping you have a great summer of sailing!

Beautiful boat!

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Congratulations... :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Nice - now I have something to look forward to - that is probably the biggest size I would ever go for.
(yeah, I'm sure you all said that once).

·
Registered
905 Posts
Can't see the label on that hard stuff in the kitchen.....

·
Belliure 41'
136 Posts
Mount Gay Extra Old!

·
Broad Reachin'
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the compliments! If it's possible, my girls are actually more excited than I am. We spent Friday and Sunday sailing and getting to know the boat. She's a blast!

If you think it's bright and cheery now, you should see the bright yellow and orange symmetrical spinnaker. There's no more anonymous sailing for us any longer!

And yes, that's a bottle of Mount Gay Extra Old rum purchased in Barbados for just such an occasion as a new boat.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Kwalter,
A couple of us are trying to meet up for the weekend in Muskegon on July 11th. Craig (CKDK08) keeps his boat there and I am sailing up.
It would be great if you could join us.
Tim

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
They're cute little deck monkeys... :) The yellow canvas will be a pretty good giveaway... so you best be on your best behavior...:)
Thanks for all the compliments! If it's possible, my girls are actually more excited than I am. We spent Friday and Sunday sailing and getting to know the boat. She's a blast!

If you think it's bright and cheery now, you should see the bright yellow and orange symmetrical spinnaker. There's no more anonymous sailing for us any longer!

And yes, that's a bottle of Mount Gay Extra Old rum purchased in Barbados for just such an occasion as a new boat.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.