SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking where to purchase a breeze industries engine lift. The company seems to be no longer. Any suggestions where to find one or someone who can fabricate one in the vancouver area?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Is your boom long enough to use it along with your topping lift or halyard? I've never done that but I've seen photos of it being done and it seems feasible. My outboard is about 80 lbs so I just pick it up into place. I once had to lower it onto the bracket with one hand while holding to the pulpit with the other all the while getting slammed by 4 foot waves. I have witnesses but no negatives. Or is it the other way around?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking for a engine mount lift for an outboard motor on a c27. One so the motor can be pulled vertical out of the water when sailing or in rough seas.

Something that works with a transom mounted outboard.

·
19,489 Posts
Lots of options here, a small sampling here:

Adjustable Outboard Motor Mounts - iboats

I think the trick for ease of use is to get one rated for a bigger engine than you have. A 9.9 ob usually weighs close to 100 lbs and is often marginal for the basic bracket.

There are other brands that are more elaborate to install but have a longer lift travel, using rope tackle to assist.

You want page 578 of this catalogue:

Plastimo

Once you pick a model you might be able to get Steveston, Martin, Nikka, or -gasp- West Marine to order one in for you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The breeze industries design was a lift that traveled on 2 stainless steal rods directly up and down. They fit perfectly for transom wells with a cut out.

·
19,489 Posts
Do you have the normal C27 outboard transom setup? of was it formerly inboard powered?

·
19,489 Posts
Does the engine not tilt free into the lazarette? Do you want to modify it to lift straight up the transom then?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah my tilt bracket is bent and is very costly to repair. If lumpy seas it is freaking me out that I will drown my motor. ha ha

I have seen other boats with brackets to lift vertically up and down. they seem to be the best choice when wanting to have max clearance from water level.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah that is what i am aiming for. The tilt does not work. I have seen boats with a track that the motor will slide up and lock on .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts