SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for this bit of hardware to keep an outboard centered. I have the linkage (50/58/60) but have had no luck finding a source for the rod assembly highlighted in the image below.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Are you sure?
Link says it's a tie bar between two motors.
What you highlighted I think is included in the rigging package for an ob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure?
Link says it's a tie bar between two motors.
What you highlighted I think is included in the rigging package for an ob.
Well, nothing came with the outboard on the boat and nothing came with the new outboard to replace it. I searched for outboard rigging kit and seemed most were hose wraps?

I'm 3 months stuck at the dock due to this absolutely critical piece. about to set it on fire.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I read your first post more carefully. What are you trying to do?

You say to keep it centered. Do you want to lock it in place with no turning? Or do what the parts you have highlighted are there for, to steer the motor?

If the former, this is a bit unusual, but you should be able to cobble something together from some aluminum or SS rod, flat bar, tubing or whatever. Maybe some fiberglass components. I think there's a bolt that increases the friction in the steering that could do the job.

If the latter, the ob manufacturer should include those parts in the steering package. I recently repowered a 25hp, and all that linkage was replaced (came with) with the new motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts