SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -- We were going to sail our Tanzer 22 from Herring Bay (Herrington Harbour North) to St Michaels for an overnight in a hotel there, but the hotels are all full. Any suggestions for alternate destinations? We are four adults, so we'd prefer to sleep off-boat if possible. Hotels or camping could both be options.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Tilghman Island - Knapps Narrows Marina and Inn. They give you free breakfast and free bikes to explore the island. Never stayed in the hotel but had a nice stay in the marina last summer.

·
Administrator
5,924 Posts
Tilghman Island - Knapps Narrows Marina and Inn. They give you free breakfast and free bikes to explore the island. Never stayed in the hotel but had a nice stay in the marina last summer.
It has been a few years, but our sail club once stayed at the Inn and it was nice. Clean. Friendly.

You might also try Cambridge.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
2,150 Posts
Hi -- We were going to sail our Tanzer 22 from Herring Bay (Herrington Harbour North) to St Michaels for an overnight in a hotel there, but the hotels are all full. Any suggestions for alternate destinations? We are four adults, so we'd prefer to sleep off-boat if possible. Hotels or camping could both be options.

thanks!
It is a long haul, but with the right wind and enough time, you might also consider Solomon's Island. There are a number of hotels/bars/restaurants on the water or within easy walking distance on Back Creek. You prolly need a strong N, NW, or NE down, and a strong S, SW, or SE back up to make it during daylight hours = about 35 n.m.

I left Mayo on the Rhode River early one morning on a clear blustery day after a frontal passage in my previous P26 and made it down there solo by 4 p.m., over 40 n.m. Wind was 15 knots from the West, still a memorable sail some 20 years later.

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,036 Posts
I'd second Solomons. The Comfort Inn there even has it's own marina. A little further in is Spring Harbor (I believe it's called) which has a decent restaurant and hotel right by it.

·
Banned
12,357 Posts
I'd second Solomons. The Comfort Inn there even has it's own marina. A little further in is Spring Harbor (I believe it's called) which has a decent restaurant and hotel right by it.
Spring Cove I think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.