SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restoring a 1975 Oysterman 23, made by Kerrigan in PA, prior to selling the molds to Menger. Does anyone on the list currently own or formerly own one of these boats. I am starting to think about working on both standing and running rigging and have lots of questions about the rig. As made by Kerrigan, the masts were unstayed, this is a ketch. I have some info about the Menger version but the stays on the mast and number of chain plates on the hull of this boat do not match the info on the Menger boat that I have. It appears the previous owner added additional stays. If anyone out there can help, please respond to this post. I will then provide more specific questions. Thanks in advance. Smoochie

· Registered
781 Posts
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear someone is keeping these boats going. I had a Menger Cat years ago and got to know Bill and Andrew. I was sad to hear of their passing; good folks, both; gone too soon.

Menger Boatworks is now Thompson boat works. It seems that's it's not impossible that they have info they got when they bought the molds and if the new proprietor is anything like Bill and Andrew, he'll help any way he can. Here's a link. Thompson Boatworks

· Sea Sprite 23 #110 (20)
3,217 Posts
Reaction score
I almost bought one of these boats several years ago. I love Chesapeake Skipjacks and it seemed like the perfect small replica.. but the guy wanted too much money for a boat that needed a lot of work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.