SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anna is currently on a mooring in the Warren River, in Rhode Island. She's basically sound but needs some work, and I'm no longer able to use the boat. I've had her for 10 years and cruised extensively -- last summer I spent 3 weeks from Martha's Vineyard to Block Island. She does need some work -- the Universal Atomic 4 engine has a small leak in the manifold, so it will need to be repaired or replaced. The wiring to the engine and blower all works great, but the rest needs rewiring. It's more than I have the time or expertise to do; but if you do, Anna is a great boat. I can give a full report to anyone seriously interested. Basically, she's in sail away condition. If you want her, she's yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
If you don't get any 'takers' from this group, consider to 'donate' such a boat to non-profit youth group, etc. .... there's tax write-off advantages in doing so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anna is currently on a mooring in the Warren River, in Rhode Island. She's basically sound but needs some work, and I'm no longer able to use the boat. I've had her for 10 years and cruised extensively -- last summer I spent 3 weeks from Martha's Vineyard to Block Island. She does need some work -- the Universal Atomic 4 engine has a small leak in the manifold, so it will need to be repaired or replaced. The wiring to the engine and blower all works great, but the rest needs rewiring. It's more than I have the time or expertise to do; but if you do, Anna is a great boat. I can give a full report to anyone seriously interested. Basically, she's in sail away condition. If you want her, she's yours.
I'll take it!!! Give me a call at 864-483-3392 please. My name is Rob and I have rescued boats in much worse shape than this.

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I'm looking for a first boat so I can finally go out and get some sailing experience, I understand how to fix boats too and was hoping to take your offer for this boat! You can reach me on my cell phone at (401) 536-7815.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I work in the Brewer Cove Haven Marina in Barrington, RI. I went for a drive and I found the location of your boat. I'm very eager to accept your offer for the boat I just wanted to take a look at it. I can bring a dingey over today and take it off your hands if your ready to complete the offer today. I'll simply tow it to the marina in Barrington that I work at, rather than have to take it out of the water.

Thanks,
Andrew
(401) 536-7815

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Well that didn't last long. Hope she has a good home and a bright future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts