SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Seacow
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there we are new to sailnet and found it to be very informing, with that said was wondering if anyone in the l.i sound area has or is sailing on a py26 and could share their experiences about the boat and how it handles in rougher weather and waves or anything else that may be of interest the feedback from the paceship web site was helpfull but it seemed yo be mostly from Midwest lakes area would love to here from some folks from our cruiseing area thanks

·
That Drunk Guy
257 Posts
I own a Tanzer 27 (hull #1). It is the same boat. I think Tanzer added six inches to make it a 27. I love the boat, and have had it in pretty sloppy conditions on the Columbia River including 30 knots on the nose, and similar conditions running. The boat runs downwind in the sloppy conditions really well. Unfortunately mine has a outboard so when the seas get too big the motor comes out of the water (even with an extra long shaft). Also in really strong winds I sometimes have trouble getting the boat to come through the wind on a tack...but only in extreme conditions. All in all I think the boat sails great!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts