SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jack:
Yes, I have more photos. I'm kind of persnickety about which photos I post as the boat is not finished. I'll go through them again and see what I can find.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Med:
Owner is an avid cook and his son is a pro chef. This is the ultimate galley. There will be s.s. sea rails around the counters. The sinks are deep, domestic sized sinks. The stove is a five burner. There is a trash masher across from the stove. Refer is in the aft counter. Freezer is under the pilot berth in the passageway aft.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope, not a small cockpit at all. I think that photo distorts the length and the details of that cockpit. That cockpit, measured at the seat top is 11' 2.5" long. I don't know who would consider that "small". There are six guys in the cockpit in that photo including the photographer and there is room for more. Don't forget this boat has two cockpits. There is a center cockpit and an aft cockpit. If you combine the seat top lengths of both cockpits you get just over 18'. Not small.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ronsn: Here is a rendering that shows the two cockpits and gives a more accurate idea of the cockpit sizes. It's obsolete in some details but the basic layout of the deck is unchanged.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Med:
It was a cost cutting decision!
We'll slap some paint on it and it'll be fine.

This deck rendering is more current. The main change we made after this was the scuttle hatch for the center cockpit. We are moving the hand rails from the top of the PH down to where the eyebrow ids now on the ph. So there will be no teak eyebrow there just beautiful s.s. hand rails that will curve around the forward corners and end just past the tangent.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Codda:
It's your custom boat and you can have it just the way you want it. But hold off on the eyebrow detail until you see what I am doing there. It's genius!

Jorgen:

That "thing" is a hinged section of the transom including the deck, coaming and helm seat that all flops down to make a boarding platform. When it i in the "up" position all you see ate two small hinge plates protruding from the transom face. Maybe this old rendering describes it better.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Stumby:
The overhangs aren't really that long but the owner's wife was adamant that she wanted graceful lines and we tried several approached before resting on this treatment. I'm big on pretty bums. I gave this one a hint of reverse at the bottom and a bit of tumblehome at the top. I roll;ed the upper corner into the sheer. I used all my tricks.

The owner and I played with one profile with a dead plumb stem. He showed it to his wife and said to me the next day, "She could not have disliked it more!" Oh.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Med:
Cookie trays and cutting board, dirty magazines, you know, skinny stuff.
Little lockers up and to the the left of that are spice shelves. Vent hood vents out the center cockpit coaming.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Damn.
Hot damn!

I've got Jeff and Jon impressed. I might as well go shoot myself.
Go out while you are on top they say.

Many sincere thanks guys.

I'd have a big head but I am cooking Kung Pao Chicken for the very first time and cooking, like golf, can bring out the modest in a man.

I will say this, my sauce smells amazing.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks Ronson.
Yes, the yard is hopping with a line up of older boats being "restored" for loving owners. I think they have a waiting list if you want your boat refurbished. Bill Crealock would be very happy to see his old designs being made shiny again.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Welsh:
To begin with my client and his wife are quite young and fit. The wife is exceptionally fit. Take a look at this layout. This is the current layout. Owner and wife will sleep aft. That was always the plan. There is a generous quarter berth to starboard and a generous double quarter berth to port. They will have sleeping options.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Mstern:
No problem.
Would you like the .25", .5" or how about you go all the way with the .75" pw model?
Solid birch or regular marine ply? We could do one in Bruynzeel but that would be extra.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.