SailNet Community banner
21 - 40 of 96 Posts

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ronsn: Here is a rendering that shows the two cockpits and gives a more accurate idea of the cockpit sizes. It's obsolete in some details but the basic layout of the deck is unchanged.

· Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Reaction score
Med:
Owner is an avid cook and his son is a pro chef. This is the ultimate galley. There will be s.s. sea rails around the counters. The sinks are deep, domestic sized sinks. The stove is a five burner. There is a trash masher across from the stove. Refer is in the aft counter. Freezer is under the pilot berth in the passageway aft.
I'm no designer, but I'm not sure I like the wheel. Perhaps it'll look good with a few coats of varnish, but I'm just not seeing it. ;)

MedSailor

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Med:
It was a cost cutting decision!
We'll slap some paint on it and it'll be fine.

This deck rendering is more current. The main change we made after this was the scuttle hatch for the center cockpit. We are moving the hand rails from the top of the PH down to where the eyebrow ids now on the ph. So there will be no teak eyebrow there just beautiful s.s. hand rails that will curve around the forward corners and end just past the tangent.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Codda:
It's your custom boat and you can have it just the way you want it. But hold off on the eyebrow detail until you see what I am doing there. It's genius!

Jorgen:

That "thing" is a hinged section of the transom including the deck, coaming and helm seat that all flops down to make a boarding platform. When it i in the "up" position all you see ate two small hinge plates protruding from the transom face. Maybe this old rendering describes it better.

· Registered
3,262 Posts
Reaction score
Bob,

With those surfaces how are you going to use a come-a-long to pull to origami steel into shape?

On another note... She is absolutely beautiful I am not generally a fan of long overhangs, but the stern is incredibly pretty.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Stumby:
The overhangs aren't really that long but the owner's wife was adamant that she wanted graceful lines and we tried several approached before resting on this treatment. I'm big on pretty bums. I gave this one a hint of reverse at the bottom and a bit of tumblehome at the top. I roll;ed the upper corner into the sheer. I used all my tricks.

The owner and I played with one profile with a dead plumb stem. He showed it to his wife and said to me the next day, "She could not have disliked it more!" Oh.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Damn.
Hot damn!

I've got Jeff and Jon impressed. I might as well go shoot myself.
Go out while you are on top they say.

Many sincere thanks guys.

I'd have a big head but I am cooking Kung Pao Chicken for the very first time and cooking, like golf, can bring out the modest in a man.

I will say this, my sauce smells amazing.

· Registered
2,464 Posts
Reaction score
With the commission on this boat Bob I would think you could order out.

· Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Reaction score
I'm way too good a cook to order out.
My mouth is still burning.
Perfect!
Pain! Sweet endorphin-laden pain! Oh how I love spicy food. In India once my Indian friend insulted the cook's family to try and get them to feed me a meal so spicy that I wouldn't be able to eat it.

The result would melt through a stack of space shuttle tiles. I ate it. I saw God. My spirit animal came. It was awesome.

Ummmm... spicy. Bob if I do ever get this boat fixed and sail to your mooring for dinner i will request something spicy...

MedSailor

21 - 40 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.