SailNet Community banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks Ronson.
Yes, the yard is hopping with a line up of older boats being "restored" for loving owners. I think they have a waiting list if you want your boat refurbished. Bill Crealock would be very happy to see his old designs being made shiny again.

· Re-Member
228 Posts
Reaction score
I have a question about the cabins after looking at the drawings on your website? Are the owners planning to be in the forward cabin with the v-berth? Sleeping feet forward? At the age of 60, one of the reasons my wife and I got a larger boat was so that our sleeping position was feet towards center as opposed to feet outward as on our old boat. Thus, doing away with the gymnastics required to get out of the berth and to the head for those mid-night runs that get more frequent as one gets older.

Just curious if I understand the drawings correctly and, if so, what the thinking was.

Thanks.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Welsh:
To begin with my client and his wife are quite young and fit. The wife is exceptionally fit. Take a look at this layout. This is the current layout. Owner and wife will sleep aft. That was always the plan. There is a generous quarter berth to starboard and a generous double quarter berth to port. They will have sleeping options.

· Broad Reachin'
2,038 Posts
Reaction score

· Re-Member
228 Posts
Reaction score
Ah ... That makes sense. As the aft berths were labeled single berths in the original drawings, I just assumed the owners would be forward. And since you indicated the owner's son was a professional chef, I thought the owner was likely closer to my age. Ah, to be younger and have this kind of money :)

I like the change to the forward cabin. It is a beautiful boat.

· Registered
1,700 Posts
Reaction score
So I'm confused. I saw the mockup of the steering wheel but what purpose does it serve? I didn't see a rudder on the photo. The things clients will eliminate to save a few bucks........ :laugher

Stunning vessel.

· Registered
5,894 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Mstern:
No problem.
Would you like the .25", .5" or how about you go all the way with the .75" pw model?
Solid birch or regular marine ply? We could do one in Bruynzeel but that would be extra.

· Registered
2,464 Posts
Reaction score
Mstern:
No problem.
Would you like the .25", .5" or how about you go all the way with the .75" pw model?
Solid birch or regular marine ply? We could do one in Bruynzeel but that would be extra.
I want mine in particle board, fits the budget , you know.

· Registered
1,700 Posts
Reaction score
Sabre:
What purpose does a mock up serve?
It serves the purpose as a mock up.

Put the pointy hat on and go sit in the corner.
Bad joke. There was a wheel but nothing for it to control. Now everyone knows why I didn't get many dates in High School. :cool:

· Registered
95 Posts
Reaction score
When you're good, it's hard to hide. The yard seems to have done a great job putting your plans into play, she's really nice. I would love to be in a fresh breeze in that center cockpit. Is that yard staff or subs?

I may very well have PS at least do a wheel to tiller conversion on my 34. The wheel is the one thing I really don't like about my boat, but otherwise it is so well built and preserved by the PO that it should serve us for many years. It makes sense to refit these boats when cared for, there's just no water intrusion anywhere, pacific sea craft did a great job. I really do,dream about the day when I can sail it with a tiller. Very nice helm.

Thanks for posting, it's an awesome boat. I hope they sail the heck out of it.

Sent from my iSomething using Tapatalk
Please forgive typos and commas

2,447 Posts
Reaction score
Bob,
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Since the devil, and the enjoyment, is always in the details. Can you tell us about some of the details that may not be obvious from the photos here?

BTW, I was looking through your site and Quail is the boat that I'd love to take out for a sail. For me she presses all the right buttons...

Your job definitely does not suck! :D
Jim

· Daniel - Norsea 27
1,255 Posts
Reaction score
"Wheels are for people who like wheels..."

That's what I was going to say but I didn't want to offend any tiller people.
No offense here. I love my tiller :D

I like that PSC, it seems to have a nice older look to it, until you get below the waterline. lol

While I like older / traditional looking boats more, I do like how this one turned out.;)

41 - 60 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.