SailNet Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Crealock 37
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone a member? Is it still active? My wife and I both signed up and have never gotten a reply to "activate" our accounts.

If the site is still active could someone send an Admin a quick note and let them know I can't get in.

User name there is SVElnora.

Thanks

·
Registered
539 Posts
I am a member; there's very little activity on the board. The most recent posts are mine from early June.

I dropped a note to admin to let him know you're trying to join.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I tried to join months ago and had the same experience. That forum isn't very active as far as I can tell. The SailNet PSC forum is quite active and a good place to get information.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to bring PacificSeacraftOwners.org back to life. I was prompted by a really nice article in Practical Sailor about the PSC31. At the end of the article two website resources were listed: pacificseacraft.com and pacificseacraftowners.org.

I feel bad because this board is a great resource and it was not mentioned!

See the email I sent to registered and newly registered board users:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Folks,

The pacificseacraftowners board has been very quiet. This was my fault
because I was overwhelmed with spam requests for registration... and the 1
in 20 requests that were legitimate I missed with bad requests. Eventually
I just stopped processing the requests. I kept thinking I would figure out
a way to deal with this, but I never got around to it. My apologies!

Today I was reading an excellent article on the PSC 31 in Practical Sailor.
At the end of the article, two websites were mentioned 1)
pacificseacraft.com and 2) pacificseacraftowners.org. I felt pretty bad
about and thought I'd better get this board stuff cleared up!

Additionally, if you aren't aware, there is an active group of pacific
seacraft enthusiasts at:Pacific Seacraft - SailNet Community so
please check them out if you haven't already.

If you haven't been on the board in a while or you just got your
registration approved (and some of these approvals have been sitting around
for a long time) and you can't remember your userid or password send me an
email: [email protected] and I'll get you that information.

Apologies again and Fair Winds,

Bob Dugan (administrator pacificseacraftowners.org)

·
Banned
263 Posts
Another very useful bit of information on the site is the documents and data thread.
pacificseacraftowners.org ? View topic - Documents and Data Thread
Bill Murdoch
Thanks for this pointer Bill. Very interesting tidbits there, including the PS37 fuel tank diagram. (I would have assumed that the tank size is the same for the deep keel and Scheel keel boats, unless the bilge of the former is deeper. But then I would expect the deep keel tank to be bigger. However, that diagram says 30 gallons for the deep keel. My tank looks just like that, but it's 37 gallons on my Scheel keel boat.)

Does anyone know how to download the attachments on that webpage? I'd like to print a couple things out to keep on the boat, but I can only access the webpage itself, not the separate attachments. Maybe I need to log in as a member to do that (?).

·
s/v Pelagic
76 Posts
A right-click and save-as did it for me on the C37 rigging guide. You can also right-click and print from any of the jpg's.

The rigging doc is interesting. There have been many questions about what the T-track on the side decks is for. This drawing explains it's for 80-100% headsails.

John Newcomer
s/v Pelagic
1980 C37 Yawl (#22)
Lake Union, Seattle

·
Banned
263 Posts
A right-click and save-as did it for me on the C37 rigging guide. You can also right-click and print from any of the jpg's.
John Newcomer
s/v Pelagic
1980 C37 Yawl (#22)
Lake Union, Seattle
Many thanks John. I don't have a right click on my mouse (Mac), but figured it out thanks you to: For Mac users, press 'control' then click on the image (options to save then pop up).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Another very useful bit of information on the site is the documents and data thread.
pacificseacraftowners.org ? View topic - Documents and Data Thread

I can not get the list of blogs to work. It may be a problem on my end; I don't know.
http://pacificseacraftowners.org/blogs/index.php/blogofblogs/

Bill Murdoch
The blog list is dormant, the isp double the cost of hosting the board and the website and the blog list... however, I'll work on resurrecting that on the board instead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts